Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Here's some photos I got off the website. I think he's having fun!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
In the past few months I've:
- Worked hard to get through tax season
- All my free time has been devoted to my family and friend
- Either traveled or had company every other weekend since the end of March
- Kids participated in LTC (Leadership Training for Christ) again this year
- Knit almost nothing. 1 baby bib. I haven't even woven in the ends.
Oh man someone cut that hair!
Things you would be shocked to know:
- I've cooked very little since January. That is almost 6 months of eating whatever. What happened to the days of fresh bread and culinary delights?
- The knitting...very little. I'm going camping this weekend and I don't even have anything to bring with me to knit. I was on Raverly today and found some projects to start but I don't have any yarn. Why am I not a stasher? And the chances of me getting out to a yarn shop before I leave are 3%. I've been tempted to call Wayne in my knitting group to see what he has that I could buy. Sad.
- I did plant my herbs garden but have done very little with it. Thank goodness for square ft gardening or else it would be a total loss.
Things that haven't changed:
- I still do very little house cleaning. Wow is that all that hasn't changed? No wonder I haven't blogged. I don't have anything to report. :)
Life is good though. The kids are still the perfect blend of entertaining and frustrating. Getting older and wiser (cough) everyday. I added some pictures to assure you that all is well. Those of you in Kansas know that all ready but those of you in Canada might need some reassurance.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Only 2 more weeks left of Snow Creek and then life will be a little more normal. A little more time in the evenings to do the things I enjoy.
It's not all work and no play though. I'm taking the weekend off to hang out with some friends who are coming to town for a visit. I am so looking forward to it!
Joy #2 turns 12 Thursday.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
- I can eat, but I can't cook dinner. We've been eating out or fending for ourselves. I miss real food. My mom has brought me lunch and dinner a couple of times and that was great.
- I can only knit about 4 rows a week. This is a total bummer. So no project will really get worked on until after March 15th. I really miss my knitting.
- Housework is out of the question but as a collective we've been able to make sure the laundry is mostly done weekly and the kitchen has gotten cleaned once a week. My house smells like stinky dog but once you're there for awhile you get used to it.
- Homemade V-day gifts were a crazy, unrealistic idea.
Other than having to curb anything domestic related things are swell. Really, I'm living a man's life right now only he would come home to a clean house with dinner on the table. I've only got time for work and for family and that's all I need. I have no guilt whatsoever that my house is dirty. Only a little sadness for not having enough time to enjoy homemaking. And here is the difference from me and many other women out there. They beat themselves up for not getting to it all. I accept the fact that my time is well spent providing for my family and as long as I get to enjoy my kids I could care less if the dog chewed up a styrofoam cup and it's been laying on the landing for 4 days. It's obviously not bothering anyone else or else they would have picked it up right?