March 26th I wrote a list of what I wanted to do this spring. Let's revisit and see what I am lacking.
- Take Joy #2 fishing (and beg/bribe Joy #1 to come along) We have gone once and I have yet to get Joy #1 to come. Joy #2 has puttered around the creek with his poles but not much else.
- Start herb garden and plant hollyhocks Yes and yes! The hollyhocks went in this weekend and the garden is great!
- Walks in the evening Not even once
- Candlelight snack at dark and watch the stars (if you have seen Stardust something similar to when Tristan & Victoria are looking at the stars) No but I have thought about it. And I did buy the fixings for smores. I've had about 4 smores over the weekend thanks to my gas stove.:)
- Schools out party in our backyard for the neighborhood kids Ha, what an over achiever I can be. Dream on, next.
- Build cardboard castle in the yard Too much rain and not enough cardboard. But I have been thinking about the tee pee I wanted to make last year. Now is the time.
Picnic dinner by the river (Missouri) Not yet but we have done some Missouri river watching thanks to the trails we have hit.
So to recap, take Joy #2 fishing. Go on some walks before 90 degree weather gets here. Plan the star gazing night and dig up items for the tee pee.
One thing I didn't list but we have done a couple of times is walk /hike trails. We have hiked trails in 3 different parks in the past month. Every time was enjoyable!