Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Contributing to the Economy

I went crazy and wild with my "rebate" check. I bought books from the local bookstore. I have had the Sew U book on my amazon wish list since last fall and now Wendy Mullin has come out with book 2, Sew U Home Stretch, sewing with knitted fabrics. I took my amazon wish list to Barb and she ordered them for me. With her discount and no shipping I pay about the same, sometimes less and I have them within 3 days. Awesome. I also purchased 2 of my all time favorites, but I'm not going to go into any detail because they are a birthday gift for a great lady in Canada. (Debbie, I see you trying to make the pictures larger, you'll just have to wait.)

Saturday, I started another farmer's market bag. This time with a larger guage and some left over cotton ease. This one will stretch large enough to accomodate tons of produce.


This farmer's market bag was knitted by me in the fall of 2006. I have never used it, even though I hit the market weekly last year. I went to the market directly after work on Wednesdays and just never brought it with me. I really liked the way this one turned out and am determined to use it this year!

I am going to make a couple more for the CSA families that I am carpooling with but not right away! I am ready to move on from market bags! The yarn I ordered for Joy #1's shrug is on back order from WEBS so I'm going to have to find it else where. I'd better get on that otherwise it will be the week of the wedding and she will be shrugless.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Seriously...aww gosh...that's so sweet! You brought me such a big smile! Thank you Jen!

cinnamongirl93 said...

I am loving those bags! What a great way to stash your stuff after shopping.
I'm going to have to find the sewing books at my local Borders. They look very interesting. The only sewing books I own are How To's for sewing pillows and window coverings. I have ton's of quilting books.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Hope you find the yarn for the shrug.