Thursday, May 22, 2008

Everything's Turning Up Green

I received my first share from our CSA yesterday! Tons of green and just look at those radishes. Beautiful! We received heirloom lettuce, mustard greens, green onions, radishes, and a dozen fresh eggs. The first thing we tried were the radishes. Perfect. My kids have never had radishes before and they both gave it a try. Joy #2 didn't expect it to be so hot/spicy. He was very funny. Tonight I am going to cook up white bean soup with mustard greens. I've never cooked with mustard greens before. I can see already that this summer will be a great learning experience.

And for more green...Joy #1's capelet is moving slowly. Probably because I haven't knit on it since Sunday. I am almost to the end of the raglan shaping and then I'll only have about 2 more inches to the end of the sweater. So all in all I'm pretty close to finishing. Maybe 65% done. I was going to skip knit night tonight in favor for getting the wash done but I think I need to go and finish this up. Joy #1 will not feel easy about leaving if it isn't done. She'll probably try to make me go buy her a back up capelet.


This green is a bit more brighter than in the pictures. It is Berroco Touche' green tea colorway. It will look perfect with her dress.



No comments: