Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Banners In Progress

High School Banner

On Easter weekend our congregation's youth will be participating in Leadership Training for Christ (LTC). LTC is a year long program that focuses our kids on a particular book of the Bible and a theme from that book. This year the book is 1st Samuel and the theme is Here I Am. Every year comes with it's challenges but we prevail in the end meeting the deadlines and the kids performing their parts wonderfully. The backstage stuff can be ugly but the performances always shine. I believe that most of our kids are procrastinators and shine under pressure. :)


Middle School Banner

My part in LTC, besides making sure my kids are getting their projects done, is banner and Bible Quiz coordinator. I am happy to say that the banners are 90% done! The rest are finishing work that I have to do. There are only 2 this year but each group designed and executed their projects efficiently. We only met twice and the first meeting was just about design. I am very proud of their efforts. I did very little in helping them. Basically, bought the material and supervised. I am so glad they are done!


1 comment:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I think your niece will enjoy OC very much. My son loves it as does his girlfriend, who just happens to be from Kansas (Hutch).

Good luck to the kids at LTC!