Monday, March 31, 2008

Yesterday we spent the day at Gran & Papa's house. We celebrated Easter and a little ones birthday. Well not really so little Miss J turned 5 last weekend. Since all of us were at the convention and worn out on Sunday we made this Sunday our Easter holiday. Saturday I started searching the blogosphere to find something to make Miss J. I went to Soulemama's blog first and found a doable quick project. A dress up box.



I found this Samsonite suit case at the thrift store in perfect condition. No rips and it didn't even smell old on the inside. I used some scrapbooking paper and decoupaged it to the outside. My decoupage stills could improve but I think it was more my medium. I had found a couple items at the thrift store to include (sombrero, prairie dress, tie, scarves) and asked Joy #1 to go through her stuff to find things to add. I think it turned out well. I also found a picture of the cousins playing dress up at Gran & Papa's house and put it inside her case to inspire her.

And while visiting yesterday I finished an embroidery that will be gifting and about 5 inches on the french press cozy. This is out of the Doodle Stitching book and can be bought separately here. I enjoyed working on it. Now I have to figure out how to frame it.


1 comment:

Tracy Batchelder said...

The dress up case is a great gift! Playing dress-up was a favorite of my children.