Sunday, July 13, 2008

Built by Jennifer-Skirt Edition

I finally got around to making the skirt out of Wendy Mullin's Sew U. I picked this fabric up while thrifting and thought it would make a great summer skirt. I think I was right! I am very pleased with the pattern and Wendy's great directions. I put in my first zipper on this skirt, something I have been avoiding for awhile now. I love the fit and the fact that it matches my new sunhat! The other thing I love about the pattern is that there are endless variations. Drawstring, zippers, elastic, pockets, short, long... I'm off to plan...



EDIT 6 PM: Skirt #2 finished. Fabric and bias tape both thrifted. I started to make this one a draw string but if I want to get it over my bum nicely, this style needed a zipper. I picture this skirt as a casual skirt to wear to the beach. If there were beaches in KS of course. It falls just below the knee. Another wearable skirt!

2 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Love them! You are inspiring me to think about sewing a skirt. However, the first and last time I ever sewed in a zipper was when I was in 9th grade Home Ec. class. I'd have to learn all over again.

cinnamongirl93 said...

Fantastic! You look lovely in your new skirt. I would've never guessed that the fabric was thrifted. I love it! Nice work!
Also I'm glad to see you with your new hat on.
What a great and inspiring post!