Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Christmas in July

Be careful how you comment on Happy Handwork or Barb just might send you something! A few posts ago on Barb's blog she was talking about making something out of watermelon and asked if we could guess? I of course in all my smugness guessed watermelon salsa and was correct. Jokingly, I told Barb that I deserved a prize for my spot-on guess. Now, Barb has such a big heart and I gather, loves doing nice things for people took my joke seriously and sent me a package. Not a small token of friendship and fun, but a fabulous package that had me dazzled and jumping for joy. My friends, she sent me a skein of Briar Rose Fibers, Grace!!!
It is beautiful yarn! 450 yds of 60% superwash wool, 30% bamboo, 10% nylon, hand dyed with gorgeous blues and greens. Ack, and no camera for me to show the beauty! I hunted online and this is the closest I found. Lovely isn't it?
Barb also sent me WhipStirs Raspberry Lemonade that Joy #2 and I tried out last night. Very yummy.
Barb, you made my July. Thanks for your generosity. I hope to pass on the spirit of going overboard forward! Now off to Ravelry to find a project for that perfect skein of yarn.



5 comments:

leah said...

How fun! What an nice treat! Watermelon salsa yum!

Tracy Batchelder said...

What a wonderful surprise! Part of the fun of getting yarn is deciding what to make from it. I know you'll come up with something good.

cinnamongirl93 said...

I'm glad you like it!
I can't wait to see what you will knit with it. No pressure.
Enjoy your day!

Renna said...

How fun, and how sweet of Barbara!

I had forgotten all about the watermelon salsa, said as I sit here finishing up the very last piece of watermelon in the house. Sheesh!

Debbie said...

Hey, how nice..aren't unexpected gifts so precious. Barb is fantastic isn't she!