Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Flourish

My garden is flourishing. I love the square foot method. I haven't weeded in weeks...2 weeks to be precise. With everything so big the weeds don't get sunlight to grow. It's awesome.

Raised beds

Grape Tomatoes Roma Tomatoes
Tiny Watermelon
Cherokee Purple
More Cherokee Purple Tomatoes
And yet more Cherokee Purple Tomatoes

Watermelon
We have a bumper crop of tomatoes and little watermelon pop up everyday. I am very pleased! I've spent about oh 5 minutes in the garden this week. Have I said how much I love the square foot garden method!? It's genius. I plan to add more beds next year!


3 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

Your garden is looking great. Just imagine all of the yummy tomatoes you will be feasting on! Will you be doing any canning of your harvest? If you need any recipes let me know. I have some great ones for soup, basil tomato sauce, salsa and more. There is nothing better than opening up a jar of homemade goodness in the dead of winter!

Tracy Batchelder said...

You should be enjoying homegrown tomatoes soon! We had to buy some at the vegetable stand since we didn't plant a garden this year. Sure were good.

Debbie said...

Meee toooo! My gardens even made the move to the new house (they're portable with just you and your 6 closest friends to haul them LOL)

You're are a little further along than mine, my tomatoes are popping up all over the place but they're still really small. I've got some sizable green peppers, and I'll soon be overrun by cucumbers. We've been eating spinach and lettuce and radishes for weeks now...I love it.

We'll add another box or two next year as well! Go square foot gardening!

P.S funny..I was just thinking the other day...I need to post about my garden...but I forgot my camera..you read my mind! :-D