Saturday, October 25, 2008

I just had to finish something!

I went a little crazy this weekend. I'm a project knitter remember? I love the finished project and the anticipation of finishing something up. Well, my Ivy League is not at the finishing it up stage so I jumped into a project that would satisfy the project knitter in me. Crochet.
In 12 hours I crocheted 4 baby hats and one scarf. And then I knit the final thumb in my mitered mitts. The ones I was going to give away but that I can't know because they are awesome and go perfect with my new scarf. I used Debbie Mumm's Traditions yarn for the scarf and mittens. The yarn was meh to knit with but crocheting was just fine. Which is great because i like the colorways of this yarn. I could crochet more scarfs just like this one if I had more of this yarn.

The mitered mittens remind me of elves. Like real elves not Santa elves. Ok, like storybook elves, I know elves aren't "real". It must be because of symmetry and pointy tip. Or because I've been listening to Brisingr all weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring your scarf to knit night and I will bring mine. I also made the Tea Scarf, but mine looks different. I used Cascade. Great job on all the finished projects.

leah said...

Everything looks great! Love how the yarn knitted up!

cinnamongirl93 said...

Wow! You got a lot finished! Everything looks great.
I still can't crochet. I want to give it a try. All the other projects are in the way. Too bad we don't live closer. You could give me a lesson!

Ellen said...

Love the mittens! The matching scarf makes for a great winter set! :)

Tracy Batchelder said...

We all need instant gratification sometime. Nice work!